Auburndale Central Elementary 2018-2018 Dress Code Information
Uniforms are required every day. NO EXCEPTIONS
Bottoms: Navy, black or khaki/tan
- Walking shorts, slacks, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
- Must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric
Tops: Gold, Navy Blue or White
- Must have long or short sleeves.
- Knit polo-type, oxford or woven dress shirts (with collar), blouses, turtlenecks.
- Only school T-shirts may be worn without collars.
- On Fridays only, students may wear ACE club and team shirts.
Other dress code rules:
- A belt is required if the garment has belt loops.
- Shirts (including T-shirts) must be tucked in.
- Shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer.
- Shoes must be safe and appropriate. (laces tied, enclosed toes and heels – flip flops, slides, and sandals may not be worn.) No shoes w/wheels (Heelies).
- Clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of the garment worn at the student’s waist.
- Clothing must comply with the Polk County Code of Conduct.
- Clothing that is too tight or too loose is not permitted.
- Earrings/Jewelry: Small post earrings or small hoops (hoops no larger than a dime for safety purposes) may be worn. No dangling earrings allowed.
- Expensive or excessive amounts of jewelry, such as necklaces, rings and bracelets are not permitted.
- Makeup is not permitted.
- Tattoos, artificial and “press-on” nails and other distracting body art or artificial hair color is not allowed.
- Haircuts that are distracting to the learning environment as determined by the principal are not permitted as learning is our priority.
- Unnatural hair color is not permitted.
- All shorts, skirts and pants MUST be hemmed.
- School administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with the Polk County Code of Conduct.
The Uniform Dress code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decorations, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/skirts, leggings, etc. A small logo is acceptable.
***Repeated dress code violations constitute a Breach of the Polk County Code.